GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have heard from many different sources that your winning and losing percentages should trend in peaks and valleys. Is this a myth? I haven’t experienced close to 50-50 in years. Who is having just as much success as lack of success?

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
getting awards during your journey will keep you in the game not being able to reach the first prizes has kept many players away from their career

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the first places will always bring you comfort if you are not rising you must keep adding skills to your game; studies never end

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have heard from many different sources that your winning and losing percentages should trend in peaks and valleys. Is this a myth? I haven’t experienced close to 50-50 in years. Who is having just as much success as lack of success?
Well I would have to agree with hi and lows...In the long run just look at your winnings and losses hopefully you will up instad of down. Good luck at the tables

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm sure that you must have experienced times when you were doing well (the peaks) and times when you weren't doing well (the valleys), though they weren't inversely equal. I don't see how it could ever be 50-50 for a game like poker with so many situational variables as well as the skill of the player. I've read in a number of places that the average for tournament players finishing in the money is 15%-20%, so I gauge myself by that. The valley are much deeper that the peaks are high.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I haven't deposited to pokerstars in a while, I made 2 or 3 early on in my journey; I manage to maintain my desire to win a big tournament by actively playing MMos and also manage to withdraw

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There was a time when I was running so good for like about a month but since then I haven’t been able to get my mojo back

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It doesn't look like it's 50/50 if you play tournaments rather 10/90 against you. Keeping the average win rate high would allow many people to make a living from the game, which is not the case, given the number of players.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it should be 60-40 positive, I have always been careful with my bank.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Ups and downs are a constant in our life.
The same is with variance, ant the average is always in the middle... so i guess your experience close to 50-50 is true

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My last little heater was back in April where I made 6 ft's, 5 cashes, and 1 win for a little over $3K, all live tournaments.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker is an incomplete calculation and quite emotional , when the emotional is low the results are generally not positive , but with time I adapted and I understand that the casualties are part of me , poker helps me in this personal search for balance

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I could be wrong, but it seems to me that everything is individual