Evolution of poker

vitord_9

vitord_9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Do you think poker will stop evolving soon?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Can you elaborate on your question at all @vitord_9 ? :giggle:

vitord_9

vitord_9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Can you elaborate on your question at all @vitord_9 ? :giggle:
Do you think that poker, the game itself, will stop evolving, since today there is the GTO, and more and more robotic players appear, do you think it will lose its grace one day?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do you think that poker, the game itself, will stop evolving, since today there is the GTO, and more and more robotic players appear, do you think it will lose its grace one day?
No, I don't think the game will stop evolving or lose appeal.

If anything I think poker has been gaining grace in recent years rather than losing it.

Also, regardless of the G.T.O. aspect, there will always be the random element of how the cards fall and furthermore G.T.O. strategy not only frequently calls for a combination of plays (i.e. sometimes raise sometimes call) but also will never be understood, memorised or executed by a human brain anywhere near as efficiently or effectively as a computer processor can.

There will always be new variants, styles, characters and deeper understanding of the core mathematics and probabilities.

G.T.O. played perfectly might be in theory unexploitable but will never be played perfectly but a human without R.T.A. and also I would definitely wager that we have a lot more to learn about poker strategy yet, this is just the point we're up to at this moment.

No, poker will keep evolving. ;) (y)

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker will not die for another 5 years and will develop.