Does everyday life have major effects on your game?

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
First of all, I want to apologize for the state I'm in, it means I'm not listening to your advice at all 😔.
This weekend I went all out. I found out late (to my surprise) that I had to bring a neighbor from the airport, I drove 8 hours. I was aware that I don't have time for any tournament Saturday night, but I got into everything and did harm by disturbing my colleagues who did not deserve such a thing. I'm sorry 😔.
The problem was also my road, which went wrong, I did it 200 miles more 😏. After all I couldn't sleep, I brought a case of beer and started 😵. Due to lack of occupation I destroyed the bankroll mine in cash games. It will take me a long time to get back to where I was thanks to the wonderful colleagues who gave good advice. (now I can feel it on my skin).
I'm sorry once again 🥺.

Dear colleagues, this is an example of what should not be done, I am ashamed to give it to you (it would be good if it didn't happen)

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We all make mistakes, it's human nature. But the main thing is to be able to learn from your mistakes, then you will have a chance to achieve your goals :)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
We all make mistakes, it's human nature. But the main thing is to be able to learn from your mistakes, then you will have a chance to achieve your goals :)
Do you realize that I wanted to deposit something to continue my stupid game today?.
It will take time for me to feel comfortable again
It all started from the fact that it was a special Saturday that I couldn't be a part of 🤔

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
First of all, I want to apologize for the state I'm in, it means I'm not listening to your advice at all 😔.
This weekend I went all out. I found out late (to my surprise) that I had to bring a neighbor from the airport, I drove 8 hours. I was aware that I don't have time for any tournament Saturday night, but I got into everything and did harm by disturbing my colleagues who did not deserve such a thing. I'm sorry 😔.
The problem was also my road, which went wrong, I did it 200 miles more 😏. After all I couldn't sleep, I brought a case of beer and started 😵. Due to lack of occupation I destroyed the bankroll mine in cash games. It will take me a long time to get back to where I was thanks to the wonderful colleagues who gave good advice. (now I can feel it on my skin).
I'm sorry once again 🥺.

Dear colleagues, this is an example of what should not be done, I am ashamed to give it to you (it would be good if it didn't happen)
Hello brother @A kiravio
First of all I am sorry brother that you are without a job and that your funds have been ruined in the game.
Above all I think you should calm down, pray and meditate on the future.
Hasty decision-making never leads to success.
If you are constant you can build a bankroll little by little that can help you in the face of your lack of income.
But the ideal is to get a stable job as soon as possible.
We will pray for you for that to happen.
And don't be ashamed, shame is stealing and you didn't steal anything from anyone.
Greetings:):):):)

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, of course everyday life will influence the game. If you've been in suspense all day and you feel tired before the game, this will definitely affect the game. Before the game, you should definitely rest and concentrate.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I'm sorry once again 🥺.

We all have our ups and downs in poker and in life. It's true that everyday life can have an impact on our game - when we're feeling stressed, tired, or distracted, it can affect our focus and decision-making at the poker table.
Remember, poker is a long-term game, and setbacks are part of the process. So stay positive and don't be too hard on yourself. :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I try not to , but is very hard ...I need a time between I came home from work and start to play poker :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it affects if I get tired after work or I have a lot to do then I try not to play poker because I know I'm going to play very bad because of that I go to bed or watch movies so I feel better and when I have less to do I play poker to have fun I think rest after work is more important than poker

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. If I'm in a Bad Mood Due to Life Circumstances, I'm Making Bad Poker Decisions

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm sorry once again 🥺.

Many don't know, but the mental part is very fundamental in the game, if you're unbalanced, you shouldn't play.
So yes, depending on the severity of the situation, you shouldn't play.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, everyday life can have significant effects on a poker player and their performance at the tables. Here are a few ways in which everyday life can impact a poker player's game:

1. Mental State: Your mental state, including your mood, focus, and overall well-being, can directly influence your poker performance. Factors such as stress, fatigue, personal problems, or distractions can impact your decision-making, concentration, and ability to read opponents effectively.
  2. Emotional Stability: Emotional stability is crucial in poker. Your ability to handle wins and losses, control tilt (emotional frustration), and maintain a balanced mindset can greatly impact your decision-making and overall performance. Emotional disturbances from everyday life can spill over into your poker game and affect your decision-making process.
  3. Time and Energy: The amount of time and energy you have available for poker can affect your dedication, preparation, and study routine. If your everyday life is demanding or chaotic, it may limit the time and focus you can dedicate to improving your poker skills and staying up-to-date with the latest strategies.
  4. Financial Situation: Your financial situation can impact your poker game in several ways. Financial stress or the need to make money quickly can lead to riskier decisions or playing at higher stakes than your bankroll can handle. On the other hand, having financial stability can allow you to approach the game with a clearer mindset and make more calculated decisions.
  5. Relationships and Social Support: The quality of your relationships and the support you receive from friends and family can influence your mindset and emotional well-being, which in turn affects your poker game. Positive relationships and a strong support system can provide encouragement, stability, and a sense of balance.
  6. Personal Growth: Personal growth and self-awareness in everyday life can positively impact your poker game. Continuously working on improving yourself, managing emotions, and developing a strong mindset can enhance your ability to handle the ups and downs of poker and make more rational decisions.
It's essential to recognize how everyday life can influence your poker game and take steps to mitigate any negative effects. Prioritizing self-care, managing stress, seeking support when needed, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance can all contribute to improving your overall poker performance.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, everyday life can have significant effects on a poker player and their performance at the tables. Here are a few ways in which everyday life can impact a poker player's game:

1. Mental State: Your mental state, including your mood, focus, and overall well-being, can directly influence your poker performance. Factors such as stress, fatigue, personal problems, or distractions can impact your decision-making, concentration, and ability to read opponents effectively.
  2. Emotional Stability: Emotional stability is crucial in poker. Your ability to handle wins and losses, control tilt (emotional frustration), and maintain a balanced mindset can greatly impact your decision-making and overall performance. Emotional disturbances from everyday life can spill over into your poker game and affect your decision-making process.
  3. Time and Energy: The amount of time and energy you have available for poker can affect your dedication, preparation, and study routine. If your everyday life is demanding or chaotic, it may limit the time and focus you can dedicate to improving your poker skills and staying up-to-date with the latest strategies.
  4. Financial Situation: Your financial situation can impact your poker game in several ways. Financial stress or the need to make money quickly can lead to riskier decisions or playing at higher stakes than your bankroll can handle. On the other hand, having financial stability can allow you to approach the game with a clearer mindset and make more calculated decisions.
  5. Relationships and Social Support: The quality of your relationships and the support you receive from friends and family can influence your mindset and emotional well-being, which in turn affects your poker game. Positive relationships and a strong support system can provide encouragement, stability, and a sense of balance.
  6. Personal Growth: Personal growth and self-awareness in everyday life can positively impact your poker game. Continuously working on improving yourself, managing emotions, and developing a strong mindset can enhance your ability to handle the ups and downs of poker and make more rational decisions.
It's essential to recognize how everyday life can influence your poker game and take steps to mitigate any negative effects. Prioritizing self-care, managing stress, seeking support when needed, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance can all contribute to improving your overall poker performance.
Congratulations, you have done a serious analysis on the topic, you are right in the points described. Thank you!

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I had such a case that I sat down to play out of boredom and even drank a little and lost my entire bankroll. I try not to do that anymore. In general, mood plays a big role in poker, when you're nervous, angry or tired, you rarely play well.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Agree with all of the other comments. If you have any distractions and are trying to play poker to escape your problems, DON'T DO IT! If you need to play poker, then only play freerolls.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, if you have some difficulties or problems in life, then it’s better not to sit at the poker tables because you won’t be able to play at your best because of these problems in life, you will think not about poker, but about problems

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your daily life can't affect your game if you want to be a professional and make a living from poker. You must be professional and differentiate your life from your game at the tables.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes i believe so. For good and for bad, in the sense that if we are well, our day to day without much stress, living happily, it will be for the good, in case we are not well on the day, a lot of stress at work, for example, can impact negative when playing poker.

Top 10 Games