luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The best way to ruin your mood is to invest your money in poker, some even invest their last money there.
Be that as it may, it is still your choice and of course there is hope not to lose!

How do you prepare for a serious poker game and how do you recover if it does not produce the expected results, thank you!

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
We are definitely looking at the first 10 places, how generously they have been awarded, it is like looking at the moon and thinking that you will be able to reach it with your hands...

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best way to ruin your mood is to invest your money in poker, some even invest their last money there.
Be that as it may, it is still your choice and of course there is hope not to lose!

How do you prepare for a serious poker game and how do you recover if it does not produce the expected results, thank you!
The best way to not get upset is to not take actions that could result to it. Not everyone loses by investing in poker, as well as not everyone wins a lot by not investing in poker. You have to find a middle way to be successful at poker. :unsure:

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are other better ways to ruin my mood, but, yes, no one like to invest and lose. But poker is a risky investment, so, it's like everyone says, only invest what you can afford to lose. I've already invested money on poker and I don't think it worth it. I think if you decide to put your own money on poker, it's better not to have high expectations. Just play your best and the results will come on the long run;

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't Invest your own Money! It's that simple, If you don't make a deposit in the first place, there is no way you can lose your shirt. On-line Poker is a minefield of different possibilities, Crooked sites, Crooked players, even Losing Internet Connection is something that used to happen all the Time! So why invest in something with no Guaranteed Return?
I have never had to make a Deposit on any of the sites I have played on, Winning money in freerolls and using that money to invest in Buy-in Games, Keeps me from losing my own cash, and building a small but playable Bankroll from nothing is always rewarding. Hard Work admittedly but Rome wasn't built in a day, I am now in a position that I could lose every penny from my Bankroll chasing a Dream, but I am not that Stupid! I will never be a Professional Player, nor would I want to be, but being a Hobby player I can play without the fear of losing my Money, Because it was never mine to begin with.
PKR.com went Bankrupt, and I lost my entire Bankroll over night, Did it bother me? Sure but not to a point where I felt Suicidal or anything, It was all won from Freerolls, So what had I lost? NOTHING! Because I had never risked my own cash.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I only invest what I won't need. Investing what I'll need is asking for a hole.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Don't Invest your own Money! It's that simple, If you don't make a deposit in the first place, there is no way you can lose your shirt. On-line Poker is a minefield of different possibilities, Crooked sites, Crooked players, even Losing Internet Connection is something that used to happen all the Time! So why invest in something with no Guaranteed Return?
I have never had to make a Deposit on any of the sites I have played on, Winning money in Freerolls and using that money to invest in Buy-in Games, Keeps me from losing my own cash, and building a small but playable Bankroll from nothing is always rewarding. Hard Work admittedly but Rome wasn't built in a day, I am now in a position that I could lose every penny from my Bankroll chasing a Dream, but I am not that Stupid! I will never be a Professional Player, nor would I want to be, but being a Hobby player I can play without the fear of losing my Money, Because it was never mine to begin with.
PKR.com went Bankrupt, and I lost my entire Bankroll over night, Did it bother me? Sure but not to a point where I felt Suicidal or anything, It was all won from Freerolls, So what had I lost? NOTHING! Because I had never risked my own cash.
what you do is good but not interesting and does not bring any adrenaline because poker is a game of dreams and includes fantasies about big money

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

The best way to spoil your mood is to buy a lottery and expect to win. If you use this approach in poker, it is a guarantee that your mood will always be spoiled.
What kind of investments are you talking about? ..... Investing in poker ???
That's ridiculous. If you fly in the clouds, it does not mean that you are an eagle :)

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The best way to spoil your mood is to buy a lottery and expect to win. If you use this approach in poker, it is a guarantee that your mood will always be spoiled.
What kind of investments are you talking about? ..... Investing in poker ???
That's ridiculous. If you fly in the clouds, it does not mean that you are an eagle :)
tell me a little more because I know it's not all dude

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading "certain" posters on cardschat. Very best way. Thanks god there is an ignore list.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hi :)
In my case, any serious tournament I plan to take part in requires only one thing: enough free time. Unfortunately, this is always a problem. As for the results, in my case I just try to play well, and even if the result doesn't bring me any real profit, I will be satisfied if I made good and thoughtful decisions.

kishamania

kishamania

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
over the last month I played 5 very large tournaments for my bankroll with an entry amount of $ 109, but never got into the money. If I had played for my own money and not qualified through satellites, I think I would have already looked for a psychologist

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
over the last month I played 5 very large tournaments for my bankroll with an entry amount of $ 109, but never got into the money. If I had played for my own money and not qualified through satellites, I think I would have already looked for a psychologist
Yes, poker does not spare us, but we are still smarter than poker because we have brains!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
what you do is good but not interesting and does not bring any adrenaline because poker is a game of dreams and includes fantasies about big money
This type of thinking is exactly what sets you up to have your mood ruined.
Focusing, thinking, dreaming about the money... this isn't conducive to play our best.
Poker is a game about decision making... it's about getting our opponents to make the worst possible moves while we are attempting to make the best ones. It's about constantly making adjustments in our play. It's about reading the other players on the table. It's about exploiting other players tendencies &/or weaknesses. It's about not being too emotionally invested in the game so as to not let it affect our decision-making process.

And to be successful with it... to reach those goals of 'big money dreams' we put in the work --> studying & taking care of ourselves while practicing bankroll management.

Do this and the money will take care of itself.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Investing in poker ???

What about the people who are investing in poker and are showing great results? I have two friends who have already made close to $200,000 so far this year. It is a lot of hard work for them and a very difficult profession (especially Tournament play) but it doesn't really seem ridiculous. They love the game!

L

La reytor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Poker is a game that combines skill and luck. You need a budget to play, and losses are a real possibility. Some players prepare with study and practice, while others play for fun. Emotions play an important role, both in victories and defeats.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
играя забыл о банкролл менеджменте

oriole

oriole

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I agree with you about investing money in poker—only play for fun, or it’ll ruin your mood. After a bad tournament, I just go to sleep. It’s not worth overthinking.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The most important way is to have more negativity, comparisons with others and worries. And visit places you don't like more often. And fight for the truth there, because you need to tell others how wrong and illogical they are acting! You have a lot of strength and energy, enough for everything.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I play right and lose (Bad beat) I don't care, my mood goes down when I make bad plays.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably, both in poker and in other events where you invest money, there is a chance to lose it, while we always take risks and make our own decisions, even if sometimes they are not deliberate. And after a while we forget about our losses and play again.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I generally spend what is within the budget, so as not to have big losses, knowing how to control your bankroll is essential to playing poker