Can you make 300-500$ per month playing 10NL Zoom?

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
How many tables and how many hours per day grinding?

With 2 tables is it easy to achieve this monthly goal?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
With a decent win rate and plenty of volume then yes.

With 2 tables you can play 500 hands an hour. If your win rate is 5bb/100, you make $2.50 an hour.

So you would need to play 120 - 200 hours per month.

Of course if your win rate is lower you would need to play more hours, or if higher you could get away with less.

Ideally you would have 4 tables or more so it takes less time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The max. number of tables for fast fold format is typically '4'. Some sites you can add more (ie. partypoker but they don't have the numbers of players to warrant this), or you could add more by adding in tables from from a different buyin level (ie. 5nl).
I personally don't know anyone playing more than 4 (although I'm sure there's a handful of them).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How many tables and how many hours per day grinding?

With 2 tables is it easy to achieve this monthly goal?

Game selection is key.
Most sites are softer than pokerstars.
Also, some days are much better than others... as is certain times of the day.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
With a decent win rate and plenty of volume then yes.

With 2 tables you can play 500 hands an hour. If your win rate is 5bb/100, you make $2.50 an hour.

So you would need to play 120 - 200 hours per month.

Of course if your win rate is lower you would need to play more hours, or if higher you could get away with less.

Well thought out, useful information, thank you!

neptunas888

neptunas888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course you can if you show an average game in plus:cool:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Only in regular game is it possible to select tables. Therefore, the win rate there can be 5 times higher than in fast poker...
Perhaps you've misunderstood what I've written. 'Game selection' (not 'table selection')
What I was suggesting as far as 'game selection' is: (as stated already in my post)
Site
Day of week
Time of Day

This will make a big difference.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In order to win anything, you need to first beat the game and rake. Only when you know, that is the case, does it make sense to talk about a particular monthly earning target. In my opinion Zoom games on PokerStars is a pretty tough format to win anything in. So I wish you the best of luck, but you might want to consider, if this is the best game selection for you.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most sites are softer than Pokerstars.
Cannot comment on this, since I have mainly been a tournament player for the past several years. But watching the evolution of cash games on PokerStars from the sideline, they really dont seem to have much going for them these days:

* Volume is way less, than it was even 5 years ago
* You can only play 4 regular tables at a time
* 16NL was taken down
* The "dynamic waiting list" make table selection difficult
* The rake was recently raised for 2NL-10NL (except Zoom)
* The Zoom games are nitty like never before with very low players per flop number

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Cannot comment on this, since I have mainly been a tournament player for the past several years. But watching the evolution of cash games on PokerStars from the sideline, they really dont seem to have much going for them these days:

* Volume is way less, than it was even 5 years ago
* You can only play 4 regular tables at a time
* 16NL was taken down
* The "dynamic waiting list" make table selection difficult
* The rake was recently raised for 2NL-10NL (except Zoom)
* The Zoom games are nitty like never before with very low players per flop number
What is the dynamic waiting list? Not heard of this.

In general I would agree that Stars is generally tougher than other sites, but it does depend on the table

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the dynamic waiting list? Not heard of this.
The dynamic waiting list mean, you can only go on a waiting list, if you accept a vacant seat at another similar table, which is then selected by the PokerStars client. When a seat become available on the table, you wanted to join, you will be offered this seat. But if you are already on 4 tables, you have to close one down instantly (without waiting for the blinds) in order to be allowed to go on the new table. So combined with the table cap dynamic waiting list makes table selection and multitabling really difficult.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Very true. It also makes them so boring that I would rather play almost anything else. The horror of multi-tabling Zoom for practically a full day would make most normal people suicidal (and give them carpal tunnel syndrome).

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The dynamic waiting list mean, you can only go on a waiting list, if you accept a vacant seat at another similar table, which is then selected by the PokerStars client. When a seat become available on the table, you wanted to join, you will be offered this seat. But if you are already on 4 tables, you have to close one down instantly (without waiting for the blinds) in order to be allowed to go on the new table. So combined with the table cap dynamic waiting list makes table selection and multitabling really difficult.
Ah ok, I have never known any different.

Yes it's a bit of a pain, I make sure I am at a table before going on the waiting lists, but it can be tough when they are all full and you dont want to start a new one. Plus it needs to be the same stake.

Increasingly the 4 table limit is a problem for me too, as I will often have 4 going when it's my turn on the list. I just multi-site with 888 when I am playing now and look for the best tables across the 2 sites.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah ok, I have never known any different.
As late as 2018 you could play up to 24 tables and go on as many waiting lists, as you wanted to. Not that I ever played that many tables, but I did sometimes play 5 or 6, especially when I was waiting to get dealt in on one table and waiting for the blinds before sitting out on another.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Very true. It also makes them so boring that I would rather play almost anything else. The horror of multi-tabling Zoom for practically a full day would make most normal people suicidal (and give them carpal tunnel syndrome).
Sounds like you don't have a clue what those games are actually like.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Interestingly, there are people on our forum who earn $300 -500 per month in online poker. I read it recently, I don’t remember on which page.Most people agree that players lose 80-90 percent in online poker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interestingly, there are people on our forum who earn $300 -500 per month in online poker. I read it recently, I don’t remember on which page.Most people agree that players lose 80-90 percent in online poker.
I have earnings in that neighbourhood, but I play tournaments not Zoom cash games.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are an experienced player and understand the game, then this will not be difficult. But if you are new to this game and just decided to earn money without putting in the effort to learn, then you have very little chance of earning and a very high chance of losing!!!

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think it's achievable if you play 50,000 hands per month with a good win rate.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I cannot say as I play only 2nl or 5nl . I cannot win at these stakes to move up stakes . One bad beat and crazy result after the other .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I cannot say as I play only 2nl or 5nl . I cannot win at these stakes to move up stakes . One bad beat and crazy result after the other .
It can be difficult at times BUT it is a good training ground! (a 'school' for learning the game)